About Me

My photo
Thanks for stopping by! I have tried to create an "about me" several times...hard to talk about myself here but easy in a blog post? I know, I am totally quirky. I even thought after typing, deleting, typing again and then deleting, "do they really care to hear that I am a 39 yr old wife, mother of 2, hairsylist, scrapbooker, writer (obviously), roller blader, walker, furniture repurposer and so on and so forth?" I do (as I said in my title) wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes I am PAINFULLY HONEST. Can be a good trait and can be bad at times. Just ask my mom. I guess a good way to describe that would be a straight shooter? I love taking pictures, meditation and yoga fascinate me. What kind of music do I like? ALL MUSIC! That's really all I have for now. Thanks again for taking the time out of your most likely very busy day or night and reading my blog. I would love to hear your feedback, good or bad. I promise if it's constructive criticism, I will put my big girl panties on :O)

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

temper, temper

A couple of weeks ago, my sister and I were having a discussion about a family member that were not too happy with. I was describing an annoying conversation I had with this person about my veggie garden. I was very proud of this veggie garden and all this person could say was something along the lines of "when I have a veggie garden, it's going to be sooo much better." Kinda childish, but so was my inner reaction. "Really?" I thought to myself, "well, when you build this SPECTACULAR GARDEN, I will be sure to tip toe over to your house (which you don't yet have I might add, you have to actually live in a house with a yard to HAVE a garden) like spy vs. spy and release like 1000 aphids, gophers, rabbits and grubs to eat your garden into oblivion." All I was missing during this inner monologue was an evil laugh. What was this person going to plant to make it soooo much better than mine anyway? A fricken BANANA TREE? My next thought is "man, I really should get this anger issue of mine under control." But I can't. Why? Because I am Italian. Just kidding, that's not the only reason but as stereotypical as this may sound, it's probably a contributing factor. Last night, I was telling my husband how fascinated I am with people. Why people react the way they do. Is it environment, how they were raised? What makes a person either follow in their parent's footsteps or go the opposite direction entirely? I know in my case, I have had my share of people around me that have had one hell of a time controlling themselves. Also, there are certain similarities in my personality that you wouldn't think would be passed down but there is no other explanation. My biological father is a good example of this. We are both total and complete neat freaks. We talked one day about how crumbs on the counter is grounds for a temper tantrum and I wasn't raised by him, it's just in our DNA I guess. My mom is a clean freak too, but I wouldn't say I got my temper from her.
So back to this annoying person. On another occasion, I made the mistake of saying "I wish my garage was clean." And the reply I heard sent me through the roof. I kept it contained but in my mind steam is coming out of my ears. He says, "when I have a garage, it's going to be spotless, because a garage says a lot about a person". Really? It does? hmm, well you know what my garage says? "If you don't step out of my way, something heavy and sharp is going to mysteriously fall on your head." No, what it really says is we are too EFFING busy to clean it. Or, it says we have a family member or two that plays soccer EVERY WAKING second of their lives, so we need every kind of soccer ball, soccer pump and soccer cone you can imagine in our possession. Therefore, we don't have time to douche our garage because we are too flipping busy loading and unloading those said soccer balls, pumps and cones in and out of the "soccer-mobile" so we can get better at playing and coaching soccer!
In the middle of this blog post, as fate would have it, I was distracted by something very important. Making my husband something to eat, because, as I told him to his face, he is helpless. Then, by open enrollment phone calls and deliberation, with my helpless husband, who by the way totally impressed me and signed us up for what will end up saving us a massive amount of money come January. I love you babe, you're the best! So I am distracted by this website I "stumbled upon" called www.highexistence.com/life-secrets-and-tips. WOW! I wish I'd read that earlier...like waaay early...years in fact... before I let my temper take over. 50 tips on how to relax, meditate, think positively. This blogger is my hero and to say the least, a genius. I'M REFORMED! Not really, but it sure did help. You should check it out too,if you are Italian, I mean if you have a temper. I think it puts things into perspective. I'll let you know how I feel in a few weeks....if I was able to put these tips and secrets to good use.....after a few more people TRY to piss me off.

1 comment:

  1. Love you! And, I too am part Italian with a short fuse. The garage thing you wrote was hilarious!!! :)
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete